What is prayer? (Westminster Larger Catechism Question #178)
”Prayer is an offering up of our desires unto God, in the name of Christ, by the help of his Spirit; with confession of our sins, and thankful acknowledgement of his mercies.”
“Learning to pray doesn’t offer us a less busy life; it offers us a less busy heart. In the midst of outer busyness we can develop an inner quiet.” - Paul Miller, A Praying Life
All our welcome to join us for our weekly prayer meeting held from 6:15am - 7:00am on Thursday mornings at the church office: 46 Columbia Rd, Pembroke (upstairs).
We are seeking to practice dependence upon God in every aspect of life and service as a church. In addition to our Sunday morning worship service we have times where people are committed to prayer. If there are ways that we can pray for you, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may connect in-person or remotely. If you would like to connect remotely, it is as easy as clicking the link below from your phone, tablet or desktop computer:
Or, you may call into the meeting using a standard telephone number - (605) 475-4774 and when prompted enter the access code 637497.
Instructions to connect the first time by the link:
1. The first time you attempt to access the above meeting link from either a phone, tablet or desktop, you will be asked to install the FreeConferenceCalling.com application. Install the application. If your device has a problem with automatically downloading and installing the app, then download and install it manually from your app store by searching for FreeConferenceCalling.com.
2. Once the application is installed, click the link again and the FreeConferenceCalling.com application will launch. It WILL NOT immediately connect you into the meeting.
3. Enter your name into the FreeConferenceCalling.com application and click the Join button.
4. A dialog box with three options to connect your audio will be presented to you:
a. My Phone: Select this option if you want to call into the meeting with a standard phone number. This option will require you to enter the access code 637497.
b. Internet (Recommended): This option will connect your audio over the Internet. With this option, you do not need to enter any additional information. You will be brought directly into the meeting.
c. Join without Audio: Being able to hear the other members on the prayer meeting is important. Thus, do not select this option.
5. Once you make your selection above, you should be connected to the meeting immediately.